AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Panasonic Showstopper 2000 that recently started having some stuttering problems. So far, I've only noticed it during playback of recorded shows, where it usually will hiccup a few times per minute. What I mean by hiccup is that the playback breifly freezes, then skips ahead maybe half a second or so. The hiccups seem to be part of the recording itself, because when you rewind and play the same part of the recording, the hiccup occurs at exactly the same moment.

The unit has a 120 gb hard drive, which has been working fine for a couple years. Is this a sign that the drive is starting to fail, or could something else be causing it? It also seems to lag when responding to the remote. I use the same remote with my other showstopper, but it responds fine.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The bad news is that your drive is about to fail. The good news is that you now have an excuse to upgrade to a larger one! :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Showstoppers have about a 120GB limit on their hard drives.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy
Showstoppers have about a 120GB limit on their hard drives.
The limit is 137 GB per drive. Drive Size Limits

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just an aside. I got a real scare recently when my 3060 was stuttering horribly while playing back a recorded show. It was busy recording another show at the same time... or so I thought.

What I didn't realize was that there was a problem (physical) with the cable connection at the wall thanks to my 18# cat getting a little overly active with some toys near there, and the video signal coming from the wall was absolutely terrible. The Replay was doing the best it could, but it seems like the extra processing that was required just to make the effort was enough to cause the stuttering.

Once I fixed the bad connection, all was well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.