AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

With all the new programming, I am going to have a problem with who gets our 55" Mits. For months I've been hearing about the low priced HD sets now available, but when I went looking, the best I found was $3,000. Could somebody give a hint as to vendor/model so that I can start hunting down a good price?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
 Panasonic PT-47WX49 : $1850 at Best Buy. Highly regarded. Needs a lot of tweaking though. Do a search on the Home Theater Forum.

------------------

Michael Tchong

Editor, Prosumer Ezine

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The little Toshibas can be found for around that too. Also, If you can still find a Mits 46807 it should be around $1900 - $2000 also.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
That Panasonic can be had at Xtreme Shopper for $1589 at this writing. You can get Mitsubishi's WT-46809 46" RPTV from Crazy Eddie for $1949.95--it has the advantage of being upgradeable to the "Promise Module" (for around $1000 more) if you're worried about the copy-protection issue.

-- Mike Scott

[This message has been edited by michaeltscott (edited 09-13-2001).]

·
Registered
98 Posts
 SoundStage! says reporter Doug Blackburn was "drooling" over the Toshiba 34HF81 , so I'm going to get one and report back.

The price is an error. The Toshiba lists for $2999 and costs $2499 at OneCall. But if you're willing to buy from JohnnyG you can get it for about $2000 from Canada's NextBigThing .

------------------

Michael Tchong

Editor, Prosumer Ezine

[This message has been edited by Prosumer.tv (edited 09-15-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.