AVS Forum banner

Did you buy an HDA2 from amazon for under $250?

• Yes I bought one!

Votes: 49 38.6%
  • I bought 2!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I bought more than 2!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I already have a player/not interested

Votes: 76 59.8%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are making use of these killer Toshiba deals to get a 2nd player? I don't mean to replace your current one and sell off your old one, but getting two different players for yourself and/or family.

I'm personally holding off for now, and will continue to use my Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on drive, since my HDTV doesn't support HDMI anyway.

When I get a new TV - 46", maybe with 120 Hz support for 1080p24 inputs - then, I'll probably get a new standalone. By that time, 3rd generation players will be out, under US$200.
At that time, my 360 drive will probably get transferred over to my computer.

--- EDIT ---

OOPS! I forgot to add options for:

No. I'm sticking with my previous Toshiba standalone.

No. I'm sticking with my 360 HD DVD add-on drive.

Doh! Can a mod add this?

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOPS! I forgot to add options for:

No. I'm sticking with my previous Toshiba standalone.

No. I'm sticking with my 360 HD DVD add-on drive.

Doh! Can a mod add this?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
you are not suppose to speak about anything under MSRP

·
Registered
188 Posts
Same here. SHoudl have ordered mine this morning. Was stupid and now left out of the deal. they are supposed to e-mail me Wednesday on when more units are available but who knows.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I already own an A2 and I'm buying a second player. But not until 6/10 when the $100 instant rebate also applies to the XA2.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Waiting for 6/10 as well for the A20

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDZeke /forum/post/0

I already own an A2 and I'm buying a second player. But not until 6/10 when the $100 instant rebate also applies to the XA2.

My same thoughts!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I picked up a A2 to replace the slower booting XA1 in my HT. The XA1 will go to my parents. I don't plan on upgrading to a 1080p tv till later next year, when the 4th or 5th gen will probably be out.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damed /forum/post/0

Just curious to see how many AVSers jumped on this deal, and also to get a ballpark of how many units amazon may be selling.

According to eproductwars.com they had 150 units in stock yesterday and Amazon has been sold out since the early afternoon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.