Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I admit it. I'm cheap. :D

Honestly, I'm not a serious recorder is actually why I'm looking for a cheap D-VHS solution.

I have a Samsung DLP 50" set and an HDTV receiver so I do enjoy an HT setup like most everyone else here but I really do not record very often at all. But when I do record, I'd like some decent picture quality and I know VHS isn't going to give me that.

Is there a D-VHS unit I can use to capture HD broadcasts for under $300 or is there another option for me? S-VHS? And how much PQ will I lose?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer. I love these forums though this recording forum is a new hangout for me. I'm usually in the RPTV and HD gaming forums.

P.S. Address your replies assuming I know nothing, because I know nothing. I'm a total novice in the recording department and do not even really know what S-VHS gives for quality. All that I know is that D-VHS can record HD signals in their native resolution, so tell me anything else I need to know.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Look down a couple of threads - 299.00 refurbs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by gnosys
Look down a couple of threads - 299.00 refurbs.
Saw that. Read the thread. They are now sold out, per the thread.

Sooo, any other 300 dollar units? :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
You can buy Mitsubishi 1100 or 2000 DVHS for less that $300 brand new. They do not play DTheater and you need a tuner like Sammy t-165 for playback and recording.

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
You can buy Mitsubishi 1100 or 2000 DVHS for less that $300 brand new. They do not play DTheater and you need a tuner like Sammy t-165 for playback and recording.
True. You will need to either do some shopping around or bargaining as I see many stores still are asking $599.00 for the 2000U. I was able to get mine from Tweeter for $280.00.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkwind_Legion
Saw that. Read the thread. They are now sold out, per the thread.
Keep looking. I'm betting that there will be more. They keep loading 10 at a time, selling out and then adding 10 more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.