AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon has the older Yamaha RX-V675 on sale for $330, I originally had my mind set on the Denon AVR-S500BT because it had everything I really needed at $250...Im most likely going with the Pioneer AJ speaker setup...the Yamaha seems to be better in most ways (more powerful, more channels, being internet ready, etc but trading bluetooth for airplay which is fine since I use iTunes).

Im a newb with this...anything Im missing or overlooking between the two? Is the Yamaha worth the price jump?

·
Premium Member
93,271 Posts
You would be better served purchasing an AVR with on board speaker EQ correction (ie. YPAO - Yamaha, Audyssey - Denon). The S500BT as the lowest model in the Denon series does not have this feature, so the S700W would be the lowest model recommended which uses Audyssey MultEQ and is a networking model with Airplay. These models will be on clearance to make way for the newer 2015 models to be released in the next couple of months to include the even higher level Denon X2100W which is on clearance now at only $399 from authorized dealers. It uses the more advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT, has built-in WiFi/Bluetooth, Airplay, and has a 3rd year of warranty vice only 2 on the S500BT or the Yamaha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts