AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and googled but cannot find a working answer to my problem...

My kids PSN sub accounts [ages are set above age 13] cannot play Home and also rated M games "online" [like COD5 online matches] no matter what account settings and security settings I have tried with their sub accounts.

This was all working okay last week but I believe that a recent update (to Home?) has broken what was working. If I fix one [Home or playing rated M games online], then the other is broken.

Anybody found a working solution that does not require deleting their current sub accounts and creating new sub accounts or new master accounts?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,431 Posts
have you tried doing this:

First, log into the Master Account and go to account management --> sub-accounts. Then turn ON Content Restriction for the sub-account. Now log into the sub-account user on the ps3 and set the parental control level to 11 inside the Security Settings xmb menu. The password to change that is 000 by default.

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb /forum/post/15414134

have you tried doing this:

First, log into the Master Account and go to account management --> sub-accounts. Then turn ON Content Restriction for the sub-account. Now log into the sub-account user on the ps3 and set the parental control level to 11 inside the Security Settings xmb menu. The password to change that is 000 by default.

That does not allow the sub account to be able to play Home and also play online multiplayer rated M games.

You have to have the Content Restriction set to ON to be able to play Home with a sub account.

You have to have the Content Restriction set to OFF to be able to play "online" "multiplayer" matches for rated M games like COD5 with a sub account.

Damn Sony for messing this up for it was working last week.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I don't have COD5, but I was just able to play COD4 online last night on my sub-account. I'm also able to get on Home without changing any security settings.

I wonder if you're having a problem playing COD5 with content restriction On because your kid's sub-account ages are below 18? just a guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.