AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a sub for my home theater room and would appreciate any advice on what would be a good fit. I was thinking about the Hsu VTF-2 MK4 but I'd thought I'd get some feedback from the group to see if there are better options.

-My room is 14' x 16' x 9' with doors that can close it off from the rest of the house.

-100% Movie watching

-My budget is ~$600. I'd be willing to increase my budget to ~$1000 if it would make a significant improvement.

-My receiver is a Denon AVR1913 and I'm currently using Polk Audio RM2300 satellites with a PSW350 10" sub. The sub has started to rattle and has never really had much punch for my room.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,336 Posts

Quote:
-My room is 14' x 16' x 9' with doors that can close it off from the rest of the house.

. . .

-My budget is ~$600.
The Outlaw LFM-1 EX is a well-rated sub, and it's currently on sale (for a limited time) for $629, including shipping. Plenty of output, sub-20Hz extension, and it also extends high enough (up to 180Hz) to cross over with your mains, which - according to the specs on this page - play down to 140Hz @ -3dB.

IMO, this would be an excellent sub for your HT.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Off the top of my head, there is a new HSU VTF-15H in the classifieds for $850. The Chase Home Theater SS 18.1 with amp should go for around $900 and be another solid performer. Wouldn't count out either the PSA XV15 or one of the Rythmik subs though shipping will likely push things above $1K.

Used or B-stock subs will offer greater value though the condition may be less than ideal. However, the sound quality can be greater than what you otherwise could afford.

Personally, I would say your best options would be either the PSA XS15, XV15 or Outlaw LFM-1 EX.

Can't hurt to send an inquiry to any of the companies and see what they recommend. Most will prefer a room schematic and to know what your listening habits are so they can recommend a sub that you will be happy with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.