AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I need a sub (I watch movies all the time), but I'm trying to determine what one to get. I just set up a system consisting of:

Onkyo 606

Paradigm cc190 center

Paradigm Monitor 7 fronts

Rears are POS sony from a htib, will be paradigm adp-190s someday soon...

Room is ~ 16x16 with openings to kitchen in the back and door to bedroom on the side. I mostly watch movies and play video games, but with this new system I'll be listening to music a bit too.

So for sub choice, I dont know if I should get a 12' or 10'. I think 12 for the added power for my movies, but a 10 is more accurate, correct?

I'm kinda thinking about one of these three: SVS PB10, ED A2-300 or ED A3-300. What do you all think? I believe I read the A3-300 is more accurate than the 200, and thats the difference. But do I need that accuracy? I want to get this right the 1st time.

Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
8,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker36 /forum/post/15448616

So I know I need a sub (I watch movies all the time), but I'm trying to determine what one to get. I just set up a system consisting of:

Onkyo 606

Paradigm cc190 center

Room is ~ 16x16 with openings to kitchen in the back and door to bedroom on the side. I mostly watch movies and play video games, but with this new system I'll be listening to music a bit too.

So for sub choice, I dont know if I should get a 12' or 10'. I think 12 for the added power for my movies, but a 10 is more accurate, correct?

I'm kinda thinking about one of these three: SVS PB10, ED A2-300 or ED A3-300. What do you all think? I believe I read the A3-300 is more accurate than the 200, and thats the difference. But do I need that accuracy? I want to get this right the 1st time.

Thanks for your advice!

The SVS PB-10 NSD is about as accurate as you will find:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...r-10-2004.html

Scroll down and look at 19 Hz -150 Hz plus or minus 1 db.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker36 /forum/post/15448616

Onkyo 606

Paradigm cc190 center

Thanks for your advice!

budget?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to stay around 5-600. Lower the better :). I think this would give me a sub that matches my speakers well. If not, tell me.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker36 /forum/post/15449467

I'd like to stay around 5-600. Lower the better :). I think this would give me a sub that matches my speakers well. If not, tell me.

for your budget i would get the eD A3-300 with the upgraded driver for $500 shipped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts