AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my situation that I need some expert advice on. In my basement, I basically have a "cement bay window" (in other words, a half hexagon with no windows) where I will close it off with a false wall. On that wall, I'm going to hang an acoustically transparent (AT) screen, and put my front 3 speakers behind that (inside the bay window area). I have plent of room to put a monster subwoofer back there, too. Below the screen I was planning to have black AT fabric, so the sub output will not be blocked in anyway (except for a few studs). Does anyone see a problem with this installation/location?

Also, I was planning on using a down-firing driver here. Would front-facing be better?

Thanks,

Bill B

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Believe it or not most movie theaters use acousticaly transparent screens because they have speakers installed behind them. Bass is non-directional and down firing subs are usually just as effective as the front firing ones.

Ian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.