AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using my sub fine last week, but when I tried watching LOTR today it seems no sound is coming from the sub. It turns on fine, but nothing comes out. It's a Jamo sub 650 from Vanns, but I bought it about 40 days ago so I don't think I can return it to them. Does anyone know what I can do? Do I have to call Jamo or did I just get screwed...?

·
Registered
9.8.4 = 13 CBT Line Arrays, 8 Sealed 18"s
13,775 Posts
Jamo subs have a long warranty, but you have to work through Vanns to get it serviced. Vanns is the only Jamo authorized service center in the entire United States. Send their Customer Support a e-mail. I'm not very impressed with Jamo reliability on their subwoofers from what I've read around here, and my own experience. The warrantys are really quite long though so I guess there is that.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed if I touch the outer metal of the subwoofer input with the metal on the subwoofer cable endpoint, it makes a humming noise out of the subwoofer. Is that a good sign or does it really not mean much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.