AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi – Probably a noobie question, but I cant find an answer anywhere. My receiver (Onkyo 626) has 2 subwoofer outputs. My sub (Dayton 12”) has right & left inputs. Everything I read talks about connecting 1 sub output to the subwoofer and then sometime using a y-connector. Am I supposed to just use one of the sub outputs? Or connect 1 sub output to left and the other one to right using 2 cables? Or connect 1 sub out 2 both R/L using a Y connector. Confused… Thanks for the help!

Brian

·
Premium Member
13,405 Posts
Usually, it's:
- from one AVR subwoofer output;
- to one input on sub (either the LFE input, if there is one, or the left or right line-level input).

Sometimes, you can connect to both inputs on the sub using a Y-splitter.

What does the Dayton's manual say?

-- Edit --
Found it (PDF). It says use the R/Mono input.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Usually, it's:
- from one AVR subwoofer output;
- to one input on sub (either the LFE input, if there is one, or the left or right line-level input).

Sometimes, you can connect to both inputs on the sub using a Y-splitter.

What does the Dayton's manual say?

-- Edit --
Found it (PDF). It says use the R/Mono input.

Thanks for the help. Also, found that the reason from the L/R inputs on the sub is for older analog receivers which had distinct L/R channels for the sub. I dont know if thats right or not, but at least makes me feel better that Im not losing performance just using 1 input.

Line Level Inputs
The line level inputs are used to connect pre-out or preamplifier outputs directly
to the subwoofer amplifier’s internal crossover. These inputs are summed to
mono. This is the preferred way to connect the subwoofer amplifier. If you
have a mono line level signal from a “Pro Logic”or “Dolby Digital” receiver
use the right “red” input. Note: If a LFE mono output is connected, set the
crossover point to maximum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts