AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Trying to complete my 3.1 HT set up in my basement medium size room.

The space is not very large, its 16x17 with 7 feet ceiling. The usage will be 70% BluRay Movie/HD cable programing, 30% music. Main goal is to get the "kick in the chest", house shaking deep base feeling while watching moive.... also want the club base feeling when listening to techno/hip hop music.

My fronts are RC-50s, center is RC-LCR.

Did some reaserch. For a medium size space, I don't think I need to go over 12 inch sub, nor need to go over 500 dollars (not including shipping) to get the deep base effect I want in the space.

Some of models I have gathered that I think might be enough are :

Hsu STF 2

Hsu VTF 2.3

Ed A2-300

Should I go with the cheapest one, Hsu STF 2, would the 10 inch sub work for the space, give the effect for movie/music. Or I should spend around 200 more to go with the VTF2. What about Ed A2-300, I've read many many reviews/forum posts that this is the best bang for the money woofer, how does Ed A2-300 compare to VTF 2.3, should I save 100 bucks and get the Ed? Or will VTF 2.3 make a noticeable difference over Ed A2-300?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated also.

thanks

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Go for the VTF2. The A2-300 won't be bad but it won't match the VTF2's output. By the way, that kick in the chest feeling seems to happen around the mid bass frequencies, so you might have the best luck with the VTF2 in its maximum output mode.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The HSU would be my pick.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The VTF2m3 is on sale right now. Do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts