AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to gather info for my very first home theatre system.. it will be for 75% movies, 25% music entertainment.. I have decided on Kef IQ50's for my standing towers and I'm going to get a Marantz SR5003, both from Accessories4Less. I was wondering.. Should my next piece be a center channel or sub woofer?

My viewing room is 22x17 but the back wall opens into a 17x17 kitchen making the space fairly large. My budget is aprox $300 and I'd like to know what you guys think would be the next logical step? I'd like it if the subwoofer wasn't so big, considering the wife needs it to remain esthetically pleasing and she doesn't like speakers (GASP!). !!

I'm guessing a 16x16cube wouldn't be devestating.. Any suggestions for subs given my dimensions or do you think a center channel would be best first?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
That's a fair amount of space to fill up. Unfortunately, it means you need more than $300 and the sub will need to be a bit larger unless you go with multiple units.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree on how big the space is, but is there anything that would do a good job in that price range? It doesn't have to be perfect (I've used TV speakers my whole life) so you can tell I am not an Audiophille.. I just want something that will do the best job it can given the price range of aprox $300?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts