AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving into new home and going with either Mythos 6 and 7 fronts or Paradigm Cinema 400s, budget is tight.

For sub I could do something around $500-600 but not sure where to even start.

Room is in hardwood 11x15 and it will run off Denon AVR-1712

Here is plan of my house, I will build half wall to separate dining room and living room, and to place TV on it.

The wall will be around 5ft high, it will go exactly where the Fireplace is shown on that plan, so it will still be open at the top.
http://www.tiffanyparkhomes.com/wyldwood-TH4-pointpelee.html

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Another option is the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus @$549

Reactions: KtrainHurricane

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
However the shipping on the shipping for the Plus is $71 which takes the price to $620. Still a great sub as I have 2 of them, got mine for $499 each with free shipping.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
If you are in CA, you will have to pay taxes for the Outlaw, which makes it $720...for $80 dollars more you can buy the PSA-XV15 for $800 shipped. Rythmik didn't charge taxes or shipping, and the price was $589, which is probably the best sub you can buy for under $600 dollars.

I wanted to order the PSA-XV30F, but my fiancee and I decided to get married in Sept. so that wasn't an option. I already had a RW-12D, which I bought for $321 shipped from newegg.com. So, far I've been pretty happy with it, but I wanted a little more bass. My wife said, to buy a 2nd RW-12D and see if I like it. I did, and the bass is much much better pronounce and leveled out through the room.

At the end of the year, we are hoping to buy a house, and I am hoping to save enough to buy a pair of PSA-XV15's or DIY 18"....

For $600 you can do a really nice and powerful DIY 15" or 18" sub.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im in Ontario,Canada.

When I get back from work I'll read about the subs you guys recommended, thx.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh wow, these subs are huge

Such a huge box and only a entry level, I feel like these would make my neighbors 4 units away know when I'm watching TV

·
Premium Member
12,864 Posts
None of those subs is really all that big - give any one of them a couple of weeks in your HT and you'll wonder why you ever bought such a small sub!

Anyway, once you integrate a sub into your system and then calibrate your system, your neighbours will only know about it when you crank things up LOUD...and, even then, you can always dial the level of the sub down (through your AVR's speaker set-up menu) to something more respectable if you have to.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumik  /t/1477780/sub-for-movies-600#post_23442085

Oh wow, these subs are huge

Such a huge box and only a entry level, I feel like these would make my neighbors 4 units away know when I'm watching TV

I wouldn't consider any of these subs to be entry level. I would say the are the low end of "good" subs. Any sub that can hit 20hz or lower with authority isn't entry level... Entry level would be like a Klipsch Sub 350 or a Polk PSW 10. Then you step up into the "good" budget subs such as Klipsch RW12d, Polk PSW 505, BIC F12, Acoustech PL-200, NXG Tech NX-BAS-500 etc. Then you step up into the low end "good" subs Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus, Hsu VTF2-MK4, SVS PB/SB1000, Rythmik LV12R, etc,

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I'm leaning towards Rythmik LV12R

From the reviews on this board looks like I should be happy with it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Also look into a B Stock

SB-12 NSD sealed 14" cube, I run single in my 15x20 bedroom, gain set to 12 and keeps me smiling every time i listen to music or watch movies. I run a dual set up in my living room of this same subwoofer

Also B stock Outlaw LFM-EX is right at your budget, for movies and if you can get one at the b stock price this would be my choice for movies, Call outlaw you might be able to get an EX within your budget or close to it shipped

The LV12R is also a very good subwfooer far for entry level

Some good options, if you need smaller size the SB-12 NSD is will blend in with any room , want more output outlaw or LV12

Have fun and let us know what route you take

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
All the subs mentioned ate excellent, but the Rythmik gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli  /t/1477780/sub-for-movies-600#post_23448064

All the subs mentioned ate excellent, but the Rythmik gets my vote.

I just sent an inquiry Rythmik to see what the bottom line is. Right now SVS PB1000 is my choice because of its Canadian distributor. All I have to pay is HST +30$ shipping on top of the $499. price tag. I have a feeling that the Rythmik will caust be an additional 250$ on top of their price because of shipping, hst, and duty. I'm waiting for their response now.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I just received a reply.

The LV12R includes the shipping cost to US, but for Canada we add $60 to the total price. Also duty is$80. So the total cost shipped to Canada and duty is $729.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti

Rythmik Audio - Tech Support

For that much money I could step up to the SVS PB12-NSD ... sucks living in Canada sometimes.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db  /t/1477780/sub-for-movies-600#post_23448399

I just received a reply.

The LV12R includes the shipping cost to US, but for Canada we add $60 to the total price. Also duty is$80. So the total cost shipped to Canada and duty is $729.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti

Rythmik Audio - Tech Support

For that much money I could step up to the SVS PB12-NSD ... sucks living in Canada sometimes.

For that price, I would go PSA-XV15, but then again your Canandian fee will make that go up even more.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Another option is Chase Home Theater. There SS 18.1 is relatively small and will pound the PSA XV 15 out the park for less money. You will need an amp that can be used if you add another sub in the future. These subs have output similar to the SVS pb ultra and 15 in. Rythmik.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts