AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have often wondered if a model specific sub forum would be a good or bad thing?

I think it could help forum readability to separate general questions from model specific threads. But I think it would be potentially confusing to new posters and that model specific questions would still be posted to the main thread.

There's nothing wrong with having model specific threads in the main forum, I just wondered if there was any benefits to creating a sub forum for them.

I think what's happened in the last few years, is that the complexity of modern AVRs has created a higher need for model specific info. And that's resulted in the main page having a very high percentage of model specific threads.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
I like the general idea, especially if it would make thread-merging easier. However, I think it should be limited to AVR's for the simple reason that owners of less-discussed hardware would find their threads quickly buried.

IMO there should be two types of AVR-specific thread: (1) The "Owner's Thread," and (2) the "Info Thread (for prospective buyers)."

(1) would be all about problem-solving and getting the most from the unit.

(2) would be more for potential buyers. This thread could be started well in advance of the release of highly-anticipated hardware.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts