AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just re-connected my home theater (sent my Denon 5800 in for the upgrade) and now when I turn everything off, about 3 minutes later, my subs generate a humming noise.

I need some help here.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Your sub's power is probably on and you're not sending it a signal. Perhaps your sub interconnect is picking up some noise? Have you tried other cables to make sure you didn't damage the wire (or connector) during your receiver swap? Also make sure the cable is not near any power cords.

Is the humming noise coming from the driver or inside the sub (i.e. the transformer for the amp)?

·
Registered
809 Posts
A cheater plug may eliminate the hum, but you would be creating a serious potential safety hazard so I would not recommend it as a permanent solution. The ground is there as a safety precaution and defeating it, defeats the safety. If you can't get rid of the problem after checking all patch cords and figuring out which component is the problem, there are various hum elimination products. You could go to a site like www.markertek.com and enter the word "hum" and do a search. So the first step is isolating the problem and then perhaps reposting so we can come up with potential solutions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
u have probably set it near something thats getting in the way of the signal...my sub did this once when i had the vac near it...move anything electrical away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.