AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a friend who is having an entertainment center built.  He wants to put a sub in the HT system, but the ONLY place it will go (due to low WAF) is in an enclosure in the entertainment center.  I don't know dimensions yet, however, his budget was $300.  His comment to me was "I'm not going to spend $500 on a sub."  So, I recommended he consider:

Dayton 1200

Dayton 1500 (almost certainly won't fit)

BIC PL-200

and of course -

SVS PB-1000 (Hey, technically it fits his criteria of "not spending $500!!!
  Besides, I was afraid that if I didn't recommend that I'd be kicked out of AVS!)  He did his research and is leaning in that direction.

My question is - how will this sub do in an enclosed space.  Well, not entirely inclosed.  It is a full box with a grill cloth front.  The PB-1000 is rear ported. Is that going to be a problem?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom  /t/1514219/sub-in-an-enclosed-entertainment-center#post_24267930

Totally sealed? Even has a door? Or just covered on the back/sides/top/bottom?
The cabinet "door" is a frame with grill cloth.  And I', not sure why I was thinking the SB-1000 was rear-ported.  Hope it fits in the space.  I think that would do him very well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'm just going to quit talking now! 
I was picturing the PB-1000 and that's what I meant.  My typing fingers just have a mind of their own.  Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts