AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Acoustic Research AR S112PS sub that is only 4-5 years old. The sub was working great. I unplugged/stored the sub for a few months while I remodeld my basement and now that I'm finished and have plugged it back in I am having problems.

The sub puts out no sound whatsoever when fully plugged in, but when I pull the cable out so it is only slightly touching the connection it puts out a constant hum.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is and if it is worth seeing about getting fixed? Or am I going to need a new sub?

FWIW, I was looking into another sub to pair with it since my HT room is now enormous, but there is no way I can get two.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was your sub working otherwise? I get no sound whatsoever from the sub, unless I plug/unplug the cable (Obviously, a big no-no).

When the sub is turned on and connected to the receiver, there is absolutely no response from it at all. I even checked the fuse, but it appeared to still be intact?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
210 Posts
You said you had the sub in storage for a few months, in those months you might have changed some settings, did you try increasing the volume for the sub on the receiver/sub? I doubt your sub is the problem im thinking the problem is the receivers sub output or the sub cable, try a diffrent one.

Edit: if the sub has a switch on the back for selecting which input the signal is coming from select the input for your low level connection, ex. input 1=Low level

Input 2= High level. choose the one that corresponds with your connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.