AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have an issue related to my Klipsch SW 450. Last night it started making low freq. thumping sounds in the middle of the night. I have it on standby hooked up to my Denon 790, and the Denon was off. Im thinking its dead? I tried plugging it in another receptacle and it just keeps making a repeated thumping sound. The volume controls won't work and the blue light won't come on. Anyone hear of this before or know a way to fix it. If not I will have to box it up and lug it back to the store (PITA). The sub is only 2 weeks old (Brand new in box). I really like it, but I may have to go to another brand, I don't need these headaches.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Since you're in the window, return the Klipsch and get an HSU STF-2 or eD A2-300.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been eyeing the HSU since getting the Klipsch, I'm hoping there is a place nearby that I can test drive it. From the reviews I've seen it looks pretty damn good.

Do you have any idea what my sub issue could be? That's the million $ question...haha

·
Registered
5,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1V1D /forum/post/18294983

I have been eyeing the HSU since getting the Klipsch, I'm hoping there is a place nearby that I can test drive it. From the reviews I've seen it looks pretty damn good.

Do you have any idea what my sub issue could be? That's the million $ question...haha

Hsu sells on-line only. You would have to go to their facility to hear one which I understand they are happy to do.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Hsu is in southern California and eD is in Newton, Iowa. Unless you can find an owner locally, those are the only official locations to either manufacturer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts