Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have the Polk Rti series...well working towards completing the set. I have the CSi30 center and RTi28 as surround all on the Pioneer D811s. I'm currently looking for a sub that costs under $400.

My question is: Since I have the Polk RTi set (or eventually will have it all) I was wondering if its best to match it with a Polk subwoofer? Such as the PSW404? I've looked at that inexpensive Sony sub too, but I'd rather pass on it as it was too boomy. I'm looking for something that will be fairly tight, as I use my HT as 70% music/20% TV/10% DVD

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would recommend a HSU VTF-2 instead of the Polk subs. I have RT800i's as my mains F/X300i's as rear and CSi40 as center and found that the HSU blew away both the Polk 350 and 450 subs when it came to both HT and music. It's not that Polk doesn't make a good sub its just that for the money a HSU will astonish you with its performance.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I love the PSW404! The new slot vent has really reduced port noise. The suspension is great on the sub; you can have it pounding hard and still not distort. Also being a 10" sub, it is very quick and responsive as well. Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.