AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Onkyo TX-DS989 that I am having problems with. I am using the sub 1 and sub 2 pre outs from the 989 to the Samson S700 amp and from the amp to two SVS subs. All connections are secure and my receiver is turned to subwoofer on. However, the amp has only read activity from the receiver once. Ever since then, there is no bass coming out of my subs.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks

-Andrew

·
Registered
845 Posts
I had a problem like this and traced it to the RCA-to-1/4" converter that I use to connect to my Symetrix eq. I unplugged that particular plug and replugged it in and it started working. If there is no at all sound, then upping the voltage via a black box won't work. Note that it was fully plugged in before but for some reason it was not working. Try this and see. The other thing is go into the reciever menu and make sure that the sub is turned on. If the power is turned off(not stand-by) then the receiver reverts to sub-off. The upgrade takes care of the sub-off reversion however.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am getting sound now, but it is not very loud with the amp turned up more than 3/4 of it's volume and the receiver turned loud too. I have e-mail SVS and will try to keep working on it.

Thanks

-Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.