AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am trying to decide between a consumer and commercial panasonic plasma and was just curious if the rainbow look some people see is caused by the sub pixel controller. I have read a couple posts where they blamed it on the controller. If so I will go with the new hd 50 commercial unit. Or is this just a problem with all plasmas? THANKS

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10secbee
Hello I am trying to decide between a consumer and commercial panasonic plasma and was just curious if the rainbow look some people see is caused by the sub pixel controller. I have read a couple posts where they blamed it on the controller. If so I will go with the new hd 50 commercial unit. Or is this just a problem with all plasmas? THANKS
The "rainbow effect" seems to be extremely rare in the plasma world, but is somewhat prevalent in the DLP world.

This supposed "rainbow" effect a few people reported was on the new consumer Pannys which do have the SPC, but it's probably more due to these individuals' percecptions or eyesight as nobody else has reported it with lots of people saying "i don't see it".

As far as i know the new 8th generation commercial models will also have the SPC thing and if this is so then there's no escaping it. But i think for 99.9% of 8th gen owners it's a non-issue. Picture quality on the new commercial models should be identical to the consumer models since they're all 8th gen, so i recommend you go to the stores and look for rainbows and see if you can see them ;)

Next we'll be hearing that people are seeing plasma Lepracauns :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is not just on the panny people are seeing "rainbows" i see it on my fujitsu 40 series. But i would advice you to buy the sin city dvd and take it to the store with you. If you can't see it on that movie i doubt you will see it at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.