AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7.1 setup with 2x Definitive Tech BP7002's and 1 Definitive Tech Trinity subwoofer. My system is in the basement and the listening area is about 25 feet long and 30 feet deep. Going on the long side, I have my media closet taking about 5 feet and my utility closet taking another 5 feet on the other side. So the space between these 2 closets is roughlt 15 feet.

I was thinking of putting my TV,Left Spkr,Right Spkr,Center Sprk and subwoofer in this 15 feet area. My main concern, is the Trinity is going to be CLOSE to the Right Definitive Tech mainspeaker (which also has a sub in it). This will also put the Trinity in a corner (between the backwall and the media closet wall).

Do you guys see any problem in this setup?

This is the only way I can get the Trinity in a corner, close to the main viewing/listening area.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
You don't have to put the sub in the corner. Are you familiar with the sub crawl? That's the best by ear method of finding where to put your sub. If you do put it in the corner by the other speaker with built in sub make sure you use the correct phase setting. You don't want those to cancel each other out.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/17035388

You don't have to put the sub in the corner. Are you familiar with the sub crawl? That's the best by ear method of finding where to put your sub. If you do put it in the corner by the other speaker with built in sub make sure you use the correct phase setting. You don't want those to cancel each other out.

Is there an article on "Phase"?

Not sure how to use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.