AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cerwin Vega 12" self-powered sub in a cabinet. The sub is down firing and ported on the side.

I am in the process of finishing out my basement to make a TV/Movie/Game room and I am wanting to hide everything I can. I know that for the most part the sub can be placed about anywhere, but I am curious what some of you more knowledgeable people might suggest regarding hiding the sub in an adjacent room.

Behind the wall where my TV will be hung is my utility room, which is where I plan to hide all of my components such as Stereo, DVR, media server, etc. What I'd like to do is find a way to put the sub in that room, yet have the sound enter the "theater" room.

Is this possible or not?

·
Premium Member
15,582 Posts
Go listen to your sub in the utility room. That's how it will sound in your theater room if you place it in the utility room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBiker /forum/post/18124563

You could build the sub in as a infinite baffle by putting a driver or two in the wall. See the DYI thread for details.

He has a downfiring sub with a side firing port. There is no way to use that in an IB arrangement.

Craig

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john /forum/post/18125156

Go listen to your sub in the utility room. That's how it will sound in your theater room if you place it in the utility room.

He has a downfiring sub with a side firing port. There is no way to use that in an IB arrangement.

Craig

I wasn't clear. He should start over and not use the sub he has.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You absolutely can, I did. Here is a Danley DTS-10 installed outside the room.

There is a kit available right now that makes them the sub deal of the century.

The DTS-10 is a tapped horn sub.

Grill between the center and the right speakers is the DTS-10 mouth.

Mine is located in a closet. Here is a photo of it in the closet.

There is quite a long thread in the DIY forum for this sub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.