AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some subwoofer placement rules but I was hoping to get a starting suggestion. This is a bedroom. The 2 large closets on the top and the bathroom on the lower left causing placement issues for me. Little blue square is the tv, large blue square is the bed. Sub will be SVS NSD12.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Not exactly how I would place the furniture. It looks like you have left few or no placement options without placing the sub in a walkway. I'm guessing there is more furniture than you show.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I am only seeing the top right corner of the pic. That may be your only choice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no furniture in the room other than 2 night tables on each side of the bed. The door on the bottom right doeas have about 6 ft between the door and the right corner. i read that the subwoofeer should not be place kitty-corner to and open hallway (the closets) or the bathroom. Any smart ideas for this type of room would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
if there's nothing else in the room, what's driving the sub? is thee room under the tv? that would be my starting point

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I don't get it either... are you going to watch TV with your head turned to the right the whole time? What would that do to the stereo imaging? or were you intending to just use the TVs speakers? Is the TV wall mounted? or on a stand of some sort? What are the physical dimensions of the main part of the room?

Just guessing at all this, I would suggest rotating the bed 90 degrees and centered against the wall. Add main speakers on either side of the TV and start by using the sub as an end table next to the bed near-field.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts