AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Thank's to the helpful members here i bought a HSU STF-3,now the question is, is it ok to place one of my main L\\R speaker right next to the sub?i mean with the space limit that i have they will be about 1inch apart if not touching eachother.Is that safe? it wont distort the sound or harm my main speaker or the sub?Sorry for the n00b questions and thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem. Speakers don't interfere with each other, or you would have to have separate enclosures for each one of them. If you can, try to experiment with the placement of your sub to get the best sound. Also check the phase control to see what position gives you the best bass response. Good luck and enjoy.

Ian

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
[aside]
Quote:
Thank you,I must say this without a dought one of the BEST most helpful and polite,forums that i am a member of.Thank's to all
Wow, I am rolling on the floor! Don't get me wrong, there are many helpful, polite, and knowledgeable people here. But, there's many contributing a lot to the other part of the bell curve. I was away from this forum for over a year because it got so bad. I'm glad your initial experience has been good :) [/aside]

Sorry for the off topic :) I hope you will enjoy your STF-3. Hsu makes an excellent sub and I am looking forward to giving the good doctor my money.

If you are feeling "tweaky" and want to start eek-ing more performance out of your system, invest in a Radio Shack SPL meter to set levels, and consider mapping your frequency response using a test CD. You can use something like the Rives Audio Test CD 2, or these tones burned to a CD: http://www.snapbug.ws/sinewaves/

If you want to go further, you can pick up a Behringer Feedback Destroyer which by all accounts is worth its weight in gold at reducing room mode-reinforcement of bass frequencies. The site I pasted earlier is a great setup guide for the BFD. If you have some spare time, do some searching and reading and you will find some great ideas on placement and system setup.

http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

I hope my cynicism was offset by my blather of info you didn't ask for :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No prob ill take on the info i can :D, Ya fourms go through good and bad times ... just like everyting else, you have your a-holes and your good people. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No prob ill take all the info i can :D, Ya fourms go through good and bad times ... just like everyting else, you have your a-holes and your good people. :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
DOUBLE POST! IF I WERE A MODERATOR I WOULD BAN YOUR ISP FOR LIFE!

Heh. Seriously, home theater and audio as a hobby are endless abysses of information and opinions. Might as well get started now. And hell, rack mounted things like BFD eq's just LOOK cool.... ;) I know I want one. Maybe I'll buy one. I'm drinking beer, maybe I'll go order one now....

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Doh! An internet connection, alcohol and a Visa card are a dangerous combination. The last time I had a 2-margarita lunch, I got home and ordered a Zvox for my bedroom. I wonder how many margaritas I would need to go for a PB12-Ultra/2? :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Doh! Too late - several emails exchanged the process of purchasing is underway...can't stop it now! :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
heh :) Look what happens when the significant other leaves for a few weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.