AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I posted a question in my media room build thread but haven't had anyone seem to want to post any reply. I am hoping some one in here will speak up and let me know what they think.

I am currently building a media room with a projector and screen, the room is about 21'x11'. I have a riser in the room, I will be putting a couch and behind the couch a small bar for more poeple to sit at. I have one sub ready to be installed at the front of the room under the screen in one of the corners and another cabled to possibly do the same.

My question is Should I put another sub between the couch and the bar firing into the back of the couch??

If I do and I decide to DIY the sub what size would I be looking at, and what size box should it be enclosed in to get a decent

sound?

this is the layout of my room, the red circle is where i want to know if i could put a sub and it work with the seating or dind another awy.

I am not trying to nock the couch over or anything, just some good thick sounding base.

I look forward in reading any persons reply!

thanks

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
If the distance from the sub to the wall behind it is between 3 and 14 feet the reflected wave will cause a cancellation notch somewhere in the 20-100Hz bandwidth.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Back of the theater to in-between the couch and bar would be about 8 feet or so.

So it’s best to just have two at the front of the room?

Or have two behind the couch firing back to back to the side walls of the room?

Would that make any difference? The first reflection would be less than three feet then.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
I'd have one in the front, one in the back, but the one in the back must be less than 3 feet from the wall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts