AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, been reading the subwoofer thread and have learned a lot about "the bass"

Here's my setup

14 x 10 room with right side being open

Yamaha vx 671

Center: Polk cs2

L/R. Polk monitor 60s

Surround monitor 30's

I'd say 90 percent of use will be movies.

My budget is 300-400. I'd like to not have a box that takes up half the room. HSU Stf-1 or Stf-2 seem to be well respected here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Matt

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcobra777 /forum/post/20869130

Hi everyone, been reading the subwoofer thread and have learned a lot about "the bass"

Here's my setup

14 x 10 room with right side being open

Yamaha vx 671

Center: Polk cs2

L/R. Polk monitor 60s

Surround monitor 30's

I'd say 90 percent of use will be movies.

My budget is 300-400. I'd like to not have a box that takes up half the room. HSU Stf-1 or Stf-2 seem to be well respected here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Wow, we have almost the exact same set up! I just bought a pair of Monitor 60 towers and Monitor 30s for my surrounds but I went with the CS10 for the center channel. How do you like you're setup so far?

I'm also looking for a subwoofer around the same price-range for primarily movie use. I think the HSU subs are a good option. The problem is if you want the deep bass extension that goes down to 20 Hz and lower, you have to pay more and deal with a larger sub.

If you're not too concerned about deep bass, then I think the HSU STF-2 and Outlaw LFM1c are good options. They'll get you down to 25Hz with decent output and they have a relatively small footprint. You may want to consider a riser like Auralex Subdude or Gramma to decouple the sub from the floor and minimize excess room vibration.

I'm seriously looking at the Outlaw LFM1+ sub myself after doing some research. I like that the sub can deliver sub-20Hz content. The sub is a bit out of my price-range right now so I'm waiting for Outlaw's next sale to pull the trigger.

Well, good luck in your search and let me know when you decide on your new sub!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.