AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my situation: looking for a sub to put in my newly added living room. I will be using KEF's new T series speakers for my front and rear duties, but I don't think their slim sub of the same series will do for my room. The room measures 14.5' wide by 20' long and is a fairly open floor plan. Listening will be mostly movies with occasional music. I'm looking for something that won't be lost in the open design of the room. I have been looking at offerings from HSU and Velodyne, but the more I read the more confused I get. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson /forum/post/20895600

The Epik Legend might do the trick for you.

Sealed subs like the Epic Legend work best in smaller sealed rooms, not in open floor plans.....

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/20895712

Sealed subs like the Epic Legend work best in smaller sealed rooms, not in open floor plans.....

It's hard to imagine the Legend being unable to perform admirably in a room with those dimensions. Given the OP's budget it seems a good option to consider.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I'd save a little more and go with a Hsu VTF 3 mk3. My room is a couple of feet longer but also two doorways opening to the rest of the house (ranch style). You have to add up all the cubic feet that your room is open to and factor that into your subwoofer decision to get the best results.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson /forum/post/0

It's hard to imagine the Legend being unable to perform admirably in a room with those dimensions. Given the OP's budget it seems a good option to consider.

That's 2700cf w/ 9ft ceilings and he said it's open. So most likely he is easily above 3000cf. Empire won't be as good as a ported unless multiples are used in a room this size.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimThib /forum/post/20910334

Will any of these subs cause any issues with the KEF T series being set at a 120hz crossover point?

It may which is why I would then consider the legend crossed at 120hz. I don't believe the other two subs I mentioned would work as well crossed that high.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.