We're moving and I'm taking opportunity to upgrade my equipment since the new space is way larger.
- Speakers: 3.1 setup with Definitive Tech BP-8060ST
- Living room is 2300 cubic feet + 800 cubic feet of hallway + 800 cubic feet for open kitchen. So total is about 3900 cubic feet. Layout is at the end.
- Looking for subwoofer recommendations $850 or less
- 80% movies, 20% music.
- Future child on the way, and since I'm planning on keeping sub for a long time, I'm worried about the grill coming off for easy access to sub destroying, however, I'll be in a condo with concrete floors so think a downfiring sub may be worse for my neighbors?
Not sure whether ported or sealed is better for me, but based on my limited research, a ported looks best.
Options I've looked at that I want your help deciding (or adding something I'm missing):
- Rythmik LV12R - $599
- Hsu VTF-3 MK4 - $669 on sale
- PSA XV15 - $799
- SVS PB-2000 - $799
- SVS PB12-NSD - $599 outlet
These 2 are overbudget slightly but if they were that much better for my space, I could go slightly over:
- Hsu VTF-15H - $879 (dear god, this one looks massive!)
- Rythmik F12 - $874
Not sure how the location of the port affects me. Some are rear ported like the XV15. Does that hurt me if it's likely being placed in a corner like shown in my room diagram?