AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building new great room and have inwall Silver6's for LCR and Bronze4's for surrounds. Never made decision on "standalone" sub(s)...should I just stick with Triad to "match" acoustics? If so, what would be best match? Or consider separate brand?????

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
I'd go with the Triad subs they are extremely well built and tops for sound quality. They are no slouch in the ouptut department but if you want maximum boom there might be better choices for the same money but for sound quality they are tough to beat. Personally, I'd use 2 or more for the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley /forum/post/0

What is the H x W x D of your room?

Thanks for response. Sorry for delay, was out of town...room is 16ft. cathedral high (sloping from 11 ft. high sidewalls), 25ft.W (flat screen and LCR's on this wall in middle) and 16ft. D. Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL /forum/post/0

I'd go with the Triad subs they are extremely well built and tops for sound quality. They are no slouch in the ouptut department but if you want maximum boom there might be better choices for the same money but for sound quality they are tough to beat. Personally, I'd use 2 or more for the best of both worlds.

Hey thanks for feedback; which particular Triad sub to "match" my combo described above??

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Is the room open to other areas or can it be sealed off? You mentioned "standalone" do you plan to use inwall subs? They are all great and I think budget would be the biggest factor. I'd factor in an EQ as well like the Velodyne SMS-1. I like using the rack amps if possible and for room acoustics prefer 2 or more subs. For your size room I'd go with at least two Silvers if using stand alone subs.

Cost is probably the biggest factor. If you are going inwalls the Bronze is easiest to fit as it can be come in versions for 4" or 6" studs. The Bronze 4" grill protrudes ~1-2" (can't remember exactly) and is not flush but it is not obtrusive. The 6" version the grill fits flush. The others can be made for Inwall but construction needs to be considered as they need 15" or more depth. If you go with the Bronze subs for your size room I'd consider 3 or 4.

Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL /forum/post/0

Is the room open to other areas or can it be sealed off? You mentioned "standalone" do you plan to use inwall subs? They are all great and I think budget would be the biggest factor. I'd factor in an EQ as well like the Velodyne SMS-1. I like using the rack amps if possible and for room acoustics prefer 2 or more subs. For your size room I'd go with at least two Silvers if using stand alone subs.

Cost is probably the biggest factor. If you are going inwalls the Bronze is easiest to fit as it can be come in versions for 4" or 6" studs. The Bronze 4" grill protrudes ~1-2" (can't remember exactly) and is not flush but it is not obtrusive. The 6" version the grill fits flush. The others can be made for Inwall but construction needs to be considered as they need 15" or more depth. If you go with the Bronze subs for your size room I'd consider 3 or 4.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Thanks for info...sorry for delay; was out of country for 3 weeks...the room can "almost" be sealed off with french doors. Yes, "stand alone" meant "not in wall" as I will put a cabinet under the display. Will checkout the Triad Silver subs which would (I hope) acoustically match the Silver LCR's???

Thanks again...

·
Registered
444 Posts
i am setting up an all Triad (inwall 7 speaker) HT system now...

i had planned on going with an Earthquake Supernova sub, but that was a year ago and i continue the research today

I'm not too concerned with "matching" the sub with the speakers...i just want low, loud bass...i have had a couple different HT's over the years and i've never matched the subs with the mains, all with great luck

my $.02

brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.