AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's for a relatively small living room (11-12' x 16'). Right now I have an Onkyo 608 receiver, Linn Ninka fronts, Linn Majik centre and a pair of older PSB rears. The sub is the last piece of the puzzle and I'm trying to get a sense of what's best in this range.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

MJX.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There are many.

Do you care how it looks? Do you want Dual Subs?

HSU, Epik, eD, Emotiva, Lava, SVS to start.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Epik Legend has my vote, but HSU, SVS, and eD all have great subs.

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
I would go for the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus, Hsu Research VTF2 mk3, or Elemental Designs A3-300. Those guys are the output kings of under 600 shipped, and they have terrific sound quality too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoggniklat /forum/post/19517844

There are many.

Do you care how it looks? Do you want Dual Subs?

Looking for a single sub as space is a concern. Looks don't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 /forum/post/19517949

What's your usage? Size requirements? Specific color or finish?

Usage: 30% music, 70% Movies. As I mentioned above, looking for a single sub and size, color and finish aren't a huge concern. Though if picking from a group of relative equals I'd probably go for the most compact in size.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And one other criteria that is starting to turn into a concern - they have to be able to ship to Canada.

So Epik is out and HSU mentions they do in their FAQ, but no option to in their order form...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Kamp /forum/post/19519548

You have to contact HSU for a quote. It seems they have been shipping quite a few of the new subs to Canada.

Thanks. I will certainly check that out.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJX /forum/post/19519474

And one other criteria that is starting to turn into a concern - they have to be able to ship to Canada.

So Epik is out and HSU mentions they do in their FAQ, but no option to in their order form...

SVS makes great subs and they ship to Canada. They have a couple of different subs just within your price range that are good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it seems to be shaping up to be a choice between the HSU VTF 2.3 or the SVS SB12-NSD.

Thoughts as to how they compare?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Also CHT will ship to Canada as well. You could get the 10.2 or the newly announced 12.1. Not sure when the 12.1 will be out but maybe within the next month or so...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts