AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have a few questions about a potential sub purchase.

The room it will go in is approx. 12x20 with a walkway opening & counter opening on the same wall, and 9 ft ceilings.

So far what I have is:

Onkyo RT-160

2x Polk Monitor 70s

1x Polk CS2

4x crappy satellites for now

For my sub, I have a few options:

1. Wait for the BIC F12 to come back in stock, and save some money.

2. Go all out and get a eD A2-300, also not in stock.

3. I have a $50 eBay GC + a 15% off coupon (max $100 savings). Unfortunately, there aren't many subs on eBay, but with those savings, I could get one of the DSW ones somewhat cheap.

So I guess, is it better to just be patient or get something I would actually have in hand sooner?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi Everyone -

Instead of starting up a new thread, I decided to post in this prevoius question when I was searching for answers to my question I had.

I need help choosing a subwoofer for my HT room to connect to my Denon 4308 reciever. My room is 7 ft (H) x 15 ft (W) x 24 ft (L) = 2520 cubic feet of space.

I really like impact, deep bass that works with explosions and gunshots very well and great levels of enjoyment, but nothing to much to overpower my room (2520 cu. ft.). My room is not acoustically treated.

I already have a JL fathom F113, but since I just built my HT, I would love to get 2 new subs just for my HT room to be placed on both sides of my 124" WIDE screen, then move my JL Fathom to my music room; as I know JL Fathom is best for music, but Ive heard there are better options for subs for HT Sound Quality.

Ive heard to go with SVS, velodyne, outlaw, so I am sort of confused. I dont know much about subs so I will need some help on this matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstosity12 /forum/post/19301864

Hi Everyone -

Instead of starting up a new thread, I decided to post in this prevoius question when I was searching for answers to my question I had.

I need help choosing a subwoofer for my HT room to connect to my Denon 4308 reciever. My room is 7 ft (H) x 15 ft (W) x 24 ft (L) = 2520 cubic feet of space.

I really like impact, deep bass that works with explosions and gunshots very well and great levels of enjoyment, but nothing to much to overpower my room (2520 cu. ft.). My room is not acoustically treated.

I already have a JL fathom F113, but since I just built my HT, I would love to get 2 new subs just for my HT room to be placed on both sides of my 124" WIDE screen, then move my JL Fathom to my music room; as I know JL Fathom is best for music, but Ive heard there are better options for subs for HT Sound Quality.

Ive heard to go with SVS, velodyne, outlaw, so I am sort of confused. I dont know much about subs so I will need some help on this matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Budget? The Original poster is looking to go all out on a $415 subwoofer. You already have a $2,800 subwoofer so I am guessing you would be better starting your own thread

----------------------------------------------------------

To the original poster the best option is to buy the best subwoofer you can so i would go with the eD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.