AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a sub. Music quality is priority over home theater. My front speakers are B&W 805s. I do have a large room 24 x 24 with 14 foot ceilings. Also wife acceptance factor (not huge or ugly) is important. Martin Logan is coming out with new subs with i designation (depth i and descent i). So there is good closeout pricing on the depth ($1300) and descent ($1900). SVS has the SB-12Plus which is rather small and good looking. I open for any suggestions.

Thank you

·
Registered
560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstras1234 /forum/post/0

Looking for a sub. Music quality is priority over home theater. My front speakers are B&W 805s. I do have a large room 24 x 24 with 14 foot ceilings. Also wife acceptance factor (not huge or ugly) is important. Martin Logan is coming out with new subs with i designation (depth i and descent i). So there is good closeout pricing on the depth ($1300) and descent ($1900). SVS has the SB-12Plus which is rather small and good looking. I open for any suggestions.

Thank you

Check out this thread for some ideas and discussion of various subs

Ray

·
Registered
975 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you can get a JL Audio Fathom 112 for around $2000. It's in a small cabinet, and packs a wallop. It's not the best value, but does offer close to the best performance, but you are paying for the small package.

http://home.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?prod_id=372

I think AVS member TJEli is selling his for a reasonable price. But it may be an F113, I can't remember. You would probably need 2-3 SB12's to match the output of a Fathom F112.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The Klipsch RT-12D is very good for music and can fit into a corner and has good cosmetics (high WAF). Has a pretty decent auto room EQ system built in. It is clean up top so it doesn't screw things up. Lot of subs are tuned for depth but that often comes at the cost of cleanliness and extension up higher where it makes more difference for music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.