AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have the polk rm7600 5-pack, I chose these satellites because of space/WAF requirements. Their range goes down to 90Hz, and I'm thinking of a SVS or Hsu sub, which go up to 100Hz. I'm wondering if I should look at a sub that will play up to 120Hz or so in order to get a crossover point that won't be near the limits of either the sub's or the sat's range. If I cross over the SVS at 100, will that cause any problems as far as sound quality around the crossover freq? I would have gone with the polk 650 but have hear nothing but bad about polk subs - thanks for any input...

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
"If I cross over the SVS at 100, will that cause any problems as far as sound quality around the crossover freq?"

Nope. My marantz has a fixed 100hz crossover, and my pci-2039 still sounds great with movies. I run s-direct with music, and engage the svs's crossover much mcuh lower to blend with my mains (currently paradigm mini-monitors)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.