AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18x15x9 room, dedicated HT 80% movies/sports and 20% music

Spkr Wired for 7 speakers but no wires for a sub on front wall, avr denon 791 in a closet to rear of room.

My question is should I consider a wireless sub for the front screen area or place sub to back of theatre where the wires wont show running into the closet? Subs are non-directional?

I have been looking at the HSU VTF and Outlaw LFM in the 5-600 range but I am open to suggestions. Would like to spend less but would also like to keep something that I will be happy with for years.

I cannot add wires to the front area due to wall construction problems, but I could run wires behing the shoe molding at the bottom. Is this a better option than going wireless or will a wired sub in the back of the room work well? Which sub is better for non directional sound?

Thanks for your ideas.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Going for a wired sub in the back shouldn't be too bad. You can get wireless kits though, such as this one , which you can get at a discount with a Outlaw subwoofer. Theoretically, it shouldn't make a difference, as long as the crossover is below 80 hz. In practice, I think it will, just going from my own experience. If it were me I would go for a wireless sub and place it up front. The Outlaw sub and kit combo is the best deal your going to find on that sort of thing. I wouldn't get anything less than a LFM-1 Plus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.