AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a powered sub with a L and R, does it matter which one I connect to my receiver (Onkyo 708)? Also, my receiver has 2 Sub Pre Outs, would there be any reason to plug both into the L and R on the sub? Guessing no.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,418 Posts
The manuals cover this, such as on page 15 of the Onkyo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read pg 15, just wasn't sure if it mattered that I plug into L or R on the sub. Plus I couldn't tell if pg 15 was talking about 2 subs since the 708 is a 7.2 receiver.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMurdock /forum/post/19519403

Yeah I read pg 15, just wasn't sure if it mattered that I plug into L or R on the sub. Plus I couldn't tell if pg 15 was talking about 2 subs since the 708 is a 7.2 receiver.

Thanks!

Hi MDMurdock, connect a single sub cable from one of Onkyo "Subwoofer PreOut" port to your subwoofer "Line In" L or R that has the letters LFE next to it. If the subwoofer doesn't have the letters LFE, then get a Y-splitter and connect to both L and R.

·
Registered
12,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMurdock /forum/post/19519403

The key phrase is "The same signal is output from each jack." So only one is needed. Same is true for the sub--no need for the Y splitter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts