AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a SQ benefit to a sub-woofer stand of 6 to 8 inches off the ground, besides saving it from a crazed vacuum crash.

Would it bring more tightness to the low end?

Or more for looks, which I personally like.

I see a lot more people using them now, who seem to like them. But then again they spent their money. Usually everyone likes what they purchased.

The stands are not cheap!

Hence the question before purchase.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Titus /forum/post/19634863

Is there a SQ benefit to a sub-woofer stand of 6 to 8 inches off the ground, besides saving it from a crazed vacuum crash.

Would it bring more tightness to the low end?

Or more for looks, which I personally like.

I see a lot more people using them now, who seem to like them. But then again they spent their money. Usually everyone likes what they purchased.

The stands are not cheap!

Hence the question before purchase.

There are benefits to using what you have called a subwoofer stand. I think you are referring to an Auralex Subdude. They do help bass quality in most instances. Tighter less boomy bass. They do this by decoupling the subs cabinet from the floor. There are ways to DIY these but they need to be engineered correctly to achieve the decoupling effects. I built some DIY Subdudes that are almost an exact copy of the Auralex version. Im very pleased with the sound improvements they made in my room. Now that Im using them I don't plan on ever placing the subs directly on the floor.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the Sound Anchor mentioned on AA.

Which raises the JL sub up circa 6 inches.

Looks good to me. Just was curious if it will be a tighter the sound being 6 inches up and we are sitting down.

Bringing everything closer in-line to the ear.

I know low freq operate differently. With regard to direction ect..

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts