AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for a decent sub in the price range above for my living room. This is not going to be a theater room,but would like something good. I have a SVS 20-39pc plus which I love, but when I let my dad borrow it I never got it back. Plus it was too big. I am looking to go with a box and these are what I am considering for mostly tv and movie watching:

Epic legend on sale for around $555 delivered

BIC PL-200 $330

A3-250 $451

A5s-300 $551

sb12-nsd $585

I am open to other suggestions, but still keeping the pricing where these are. hoping to get close to th wow factor I get from my SVS.

I appreciate your feedback.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 /forum/post/19618684

check out the Lfm-1 plus at outlaw audio. I just got one. They are on sale right now. I have had a pc12-nsd and I think you will need something more like the outlaw to replace that svs.

Of the ones you listed, only the legend will come close.

+1 for this. It will have more output than the others mentioned here, and it will also reach down to 18 hz with strength these others will not have. This or the Hsu VTF2, or ED A3-300.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
i don't think the lava will come anywhere near the low bass performance of the svs.

from your list, i'd chose the svs-pb12 if i was in your shoes.

i used to own one, it was an excellent subwoofer for the price.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT /forum/post/19628337

i don't think the lava will come anywhere near the low bass performance of the svs.

from your list, i'd chose the svs-pb12 if i was in your shoes.

i used to own one, it was an excellent subwoofer for the price.

m thats bot on his list....He has the SVS SB12-NSB which is alittle different than the p12 as the NSB is sealed

According to the spec sheets the A5S-300 has the best performance but I personally would go with the Epik Legend

HSU VTF-2 MK3 is one to think about too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.