AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking for sub in the $150-$230 range to go with the rest of my system. I want to get something that will be good enough so I won't want or need to upgrade later on. From reading the posts here it looks like the Bic-HF100 seems like a really good sub for $240 shipped on ebay.

However, I live in an apartment with nieighbors above and below me so for now I would have to keep this sub at lower volumes.

Will this sub still sound good turned down a bit or would I be better off saving money and getting something like a velodyne vx-10?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Both would serve your requirements as far as volume but the Bic will extend lower in the frequency range where alot of HT material is and imo well worth the price difference. As far as being in an apt if you can set it up close to your seating position, use it as an end table perhaps that will give you the best results while minimizing the chance of neighbor rage.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
I've just moved into a new home or flat, and the floor is concrete, with cavity walls so some degree of sound passes though it, I'm more concerned if it is too loud I'll cut the levels back on the particular frequencies that are upsetting the neighbours. So far I've had no issues there's no one above me hence it's the roof and I'm on the top floor.

There's a bedroom below me and they where having sex two nights ago,
so all I need to do is play Earthquake (((Sensurround))) and see if the earth moves for them.

I'm also planning at a later date to install a wooden floor over the concrete floor and since there's no buzzing or rattle sounds being produced by the sound system, a good concrete floor is good starting point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts