AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my theater occupying a portion of my basement. 317 square feet of floor space or 2219 cubic feet.

i have two svs 20-39 pc+. i am going to upgrade. i'm considering the revel sub 30. anyone here familiar? will i need one or two sub 30s for my space? will one shake the foundations? thats what i want!!

thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
If 2 SVS + weren't cutting it, I would think seriously about trying to go IB or some sort of diy custom work rather than spending big bucks on a commercial sub.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Shake the foundations, hmmm. Well, I have a Revel B-15 and while it is very nice it (and its big brohter) are probabloy not going to shake your foundation or anyone else's. There are, however, quite a few choices that could:

1. A good IB set up with multiple 15" high quality drivers.

2. A Contrabass

3. The Danley Sound Labs PB-12

I am sure I am missing a couple of options, but this is a good statr...

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I don't know man, you must have something setup wrong. I have 2 20-39PC+ subs in my 2,000 cubic ft room which has a concrete floor, ceiling and 1 wall and these subs can shack the hell out of them.

Maybe your subs are canceling each other out or the mains are canceling them out?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack007
Are your subs co-located correctly?
??

good question. go on. why are you asking?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl b
??

good question. go on. why are you asking?
Well, if your subs are co-located, the both are in the same corner and you will gain 6db.

But, my subs are non-co-located in difference corners for better room response. With playing with the phase on the subs, I get a 5db gain.

Also, try playing with your receiver's sub distance setting while playing a CD with good bass. Also, sit in the listening position and listen for a difference while playing with this setting. This helps prevent you speakers from cancelling your subs out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.