AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I could really use some educated opinions on new bass for my HT set-up.

I currently use a Def Tech Supercube III with my Paradigm Studio 100's, CC-590 centre and soon to be ADP 590's for rears. I purchased the Supercube when I was building a Mythos system (Tower 5 and centre 7), for my family room for the size vs. performance and WAF arguement.

Well, I've now built a true theatre in my basement and upgraded all speakers to fit an LCD projector based system (106" screen). I would like to upgrade/upsize my sub and I'm not sure what direction to go? I would like to spend

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am running this sub with a Paradigm Reference Studio setup (100's and 690).

The sound is seamless, dynamic, very neutral and sounds wonderful. The sub effortlessly extends into the nether regions with authority and control. The price is very competitive and aesthetics are clean. I could not have touched any of Paradigm's sub offerings for this kind of money. You should have similar results with many of the well-regarded offerings listed within these pages. I should note that it was very easy to integrate this sub with my system. I did not need to spend hours calibrating.

I love my bass, but find that the 100's are more than adequate by themselves for 2 channel music. You don't mention what you are using for amplification or exactly how big your room is but you may experience similar results. If you can move a bit over your budget you could get two of these subs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i use svs and sware by them. for the money they are tuff to beat. just picked up a second pc ultra for 700 shipped on audiogon. think the guy has one left. good luck!

my system is close to yours

100's

cc-690

adp 470 (2 pairs)

and 2 svs pc ultra's

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info... I'm currently running my system with a Yammie RX-V2400.

I'm going to have to search around my town to find someone with either of the 2 subs mentioned to hear for myself.

Anyone experience the REL T-1?

·
Registered
7,608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbox46 /forum/post/12995582

Thanks for the info... I'm currently running my system with a Yammie RX-V2400.

I'm going to have to search around my town to find someone with either of the 2 subs mentioned to hear for myself.

Anyone experience the REL T-1?

i know its over your budget but if you can find someone with an ultra 13

from svs it may be the last you have to buy.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
If your basement is quite large, then forget the Rel T1. It's a "musical" sub but it won't really be satisfying for demanding HT usage in your room.

The Outlaw LFM1-EX would indeed be a good start, but check out the SVS PB12NSD also (get that from sonicboomaudio.com in Toronto). If you have the patience, you might want to try to import the ********** MFW-15 also somehow (driving to pick one up across the border would save you a lot of money from shipping and import fees). Those would be my three choices under $1000 all in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts