AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I need to run a sub cable about 30 feet. A good cable of this length will be expensive so I thought about saving some money and doing it myself. I suppose my first question should be: should I run a sub cable this long (is signal degradation an issue)?

Secondly...

If anyone has any experience with making your own sub cable; I would love to hear how to do it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMoney /forum/post/0

I need to run a sub cable about 30 feet. A good cable of this length will be expensive so I thought about saving some money and doing it myself. I suppose my first question should be: should I run a sub cable this long (is signal degradation an issue)?

They are not that expensive to buy (perhaps will end up costing more, if you make it). The link below has many sizes, take your pick.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...d=10236&style=

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMoney /forum/post/0

I forgot about Monoprice. Assuming the quality is adequate, you can't beat the prices. Problem solved.

Thanks All!

Only problem is that most of the speaker wires are out-of-stock at monoprice. ETA is mid to end Feb for most types of speaker wire.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have an additional question on Subwoofer cables.

When My room was built a company pre-wired my room to 9.2 specifications. I am getting my speakers soon and was preparing the room for their arrival, but I found only a large black what appears to be coaxial cable running to the Subwoofer positions.

My question is what kind of RCA adapter do I need to connect bare coaxial wire to the wall plate.

Does this need to be done with a keystone type of wall plate, and if so what is the exact name of the keystone I need to convert the bare cable to the clean appearing wall plate for a very short RCA cable run.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.