AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is probably a dumb question but I'm confused and need some help on choosing which connection to use for my sub-woofers. Which is the better connection to use with my system, rca or XLR? I'm running a 7.2.4 system. Below is my system.

Subwoofers: 2 HSU VTF-15H MK II
Receiver: Denon 5200
Amplifier: Emotiva-XPA 2
Right and Left Front in Wall: Polk 265 LS
Center in Wall: Polk Audio 255 LS
Side Surround in-ceiling: 2 Polk Audio 80 F/X LS
Rear Surround in-ceiling: 2 Polk Audio 80 F/X LS
Dolby Atmos in-ceiling: 4 Polk Audio 700 LS
Projector: Sony HW-40ES

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but I'm confused and need some help on choosing which connection to use for my sub-woofers. Which is the better connection to use with my system, 12 gauge speaker wire or XLR? I'm running a 7.2.4 system. Below is my system.

Subwoofers: 2 HSU VTF-15H MK II
Receiver: Denon 5200
Amplifier: Emotiva-XPA 2
Right and Left Front in Wall: Polk 265 LS
Center in Wall: Polk Audio 255 LS
Side Surround in-ceiling: 2 Polk Audio 80 F/X LS
Rear Surround in-ceiling: 2 Polk Audio 80 F/X LS
Dolby Atmos in-ceiling: 4 Polk Audio 700 LS
Projector: Sony HW-40ES

Thanks in advance
You can just use rca cable (rca connections at each end) to go from the AVR receiver to the subwoofer. You can plug into only one of the inputs on the subwoofer. You do not need to use the XLR input which is typically used with professional equipment. If your AVR has two subwoofer outputs, then you can run a line from each output to each subwoofer. Else you will need to get a splitter that can be purchased at Radio Shack or Part Express or monoprice.com.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
If you use a Y-splitter for your subwoofers, it would be reasonable to place the equidistant from the listening position so that they are time aligned. This way they effectively act as a single transducer. Then the EQ in your AVR will handle the rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts