AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a single RCA terminal on my audio receiver for the sub woofer output while the sub woofer has two RCA terminals for input. In the past I have just used a splitter which seemed to work well. Recently, I redid my family room including installing dry wall where paneling once hung. During this time I ran standard speaker wires, including two pairs for the sub woofer in opposite corners of the room behind the new drywall. The speaker cables were terminated using terminal blocks at the wall.

My questions is how can I connect my sub woofer from the receiver via the standard speaker wires? Can I just plug each wire from the receiver's single RCA sub woofer output connector to each speaker cable terminal and then use one RCA terminal for each speaker wire terminal on the other end to each input on the sub woofer?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
No. If you wanted to use powered subs, you should have run a coaxial (shielded) cable.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You need a high pass output on your subwoofer to run speaker cable from your amp to the subwoofer. I would use the low pass output you have directly to your sub output on your amp. Usually you get a right/left RCA on your subwoofer to enable daisy chaining of subwoofers, then again I could be wrong, too often I am wrong, oh well! :)

Mark

·
Registered
609 Posts
You will need to run some coax to where you will be putting your subs. You won't be able to use the speaker wire you ran given the equipment outs/ins you listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.