AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the subdude 15" x 15" wouldn't be able to accomodate a Hsu VFT3 MK3, and I've read that some people have just used one pad by taking the feet off and letting it sit flat. Wouldn't this make the pad less effective since your creating more contact surface for vibration to transfer? Or am I wrong and I just need to buy at least 2 subdudes for the Hsu? I saw that there were Gramma pads for amps, would that work just as well for a sub?

Edit: I just realized that by 'amp', they meant guitar amps and not HT haha. And I just found the GREAT gramma pad which looks perfect for the vtf3.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Buy the Gramma and let us know if it does anything for ya.

·
Registered
503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsam7 /forum/post/15554366

It seems the subdude 15" x 15" wouldn't be able to accomodate a Hsu VFT3 MK3, and I've read that some people have just used one pad by taking the feet off and letting it sit flat. Wouldn't this make the pad less effective since your creating more contact surface for vibration to transfer? Or am I wrong and I just need to buy at least 2 subdudes for the Hsu? I saw that there were Gramma pads for amps, would that work just as well for a sub?

Edit: I just realized that by 'amp', they meant guitar amps and not HT haha. And I just found the GREAT gramma pad which looks perfect for the vtf3.

Home Depot has an incrediblly thick black mat for $10 that I cut to exact size and I think it works great...so does my neighbor with a subdude

FYI

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Let us know if this works for you. Since the 3.3 has large rubber feet on it, I would think its decoupled enough, no? I have my 3.3 on carpet with a plywood constructed floor, would the Great Gramma help?

·
Registered
103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCat /forum/post/15555019

Home Depot has an incrediblly thick black mat for $10 that I cut to exact size and I think it works great...so does my neighbor with a subdude

FYI

What dept is the Mat found in? Big store, not enuf time to wander the aisles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts