AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont live in a city with many great audio stores(just BB and CC) so I cant hear live with my ear on good higher end subs. I have heard a few jbl's,velodynes,polks, and klipsch's at these stores. The one the stood out the most was the Klipsch synergy KSW-12 during the batmobile scene in Batman Begins.

This sub was thunderous during that scene and I have been thinking about it for the past week. Are there any other subs out there in that same price range that can do better than the KWS-12? If they can please state why or how they can acheive better performance.

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 /forum/post/0

I dont live in a city with many great audio stores(just BB and CC) so I cant hear live with my ear on good higher end subs. I have heard a few jbl's,velodynes,polks, and klipsch's at these stores. The one the stood out the most was the Klipsch synergy KSW-12 during the batmobile scene in Batman Begins.

This sub was thunderous during that scene and I have been thinking about it for the past week. Are there any other subs out there in that same price range that can do better than the KWS-12? If they can please state why or how they can acheive better performance.

What was the price range of the KSW-12 at you local retailer?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
KSw12,you can do much better.I hope this post is not too late. From Klipsch the Sub12 will leave the KSW12 is the dust(bass extension and output,plus cleaner output).

I would go with a Klipsch Sub12 before even touching a KSW12.The Sub12 is way better than the KSW15 in most aplications.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I've got a Sub12 from klipsch and it's a pretty nice sub. Much better IMO than the ksw series. Had it well over a year now with no problems and great sound.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'm surprised that your Best Buy even carries the KSW-12 model, and $100 overpriced at that. It used to sell for $499.

Best Buy sent out some coupons this week to Reward Zone customers for 33% off home audio purchases that are $499 or above if you purchase a TV on the same receipt. Runs 19th - 22nd. The Sub12 model should be $514.99 before any discount, the 33% off brings it down to $345. The cheapest TV at Best Buy is a $31 black and white portable model, but they have some $90-100 ones that would be ok for kitchen/bedroom applications if want to get a "useful" TV. If your Best Buy doesn't have the Sub12 then disregard.

Either way there are some other excellent options that can be purchased online for $599 or less. Also you won't have to pay sales tax usually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.