AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Klipsch Heritage, Danley subs, Emotiva, Epson 5050
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can now say with a straight face that my subs shake the house harder than a 5.9 earthquake.

Well...we're a couple hundred miles from the center. But our dishes were rattling. Nothing like what the Danleys do to the house though.

Hope everyone is alright. Any earthquake stories?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You should have seen our house... We're probably 10-15 radial miles from the epi-center. Suffice it to say, we have a number of broken things that fell out of/from shelves, including a 60lb artwork from the wall.

Edit: I was working from home today, so I was here the whole time. At one point, I was afraid the roof might cave in. My office in DC has been evacuated and we're awaiting word from OPM, if the govt will even be open tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
14,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLee /forum/post/20860571

5.9 made the news? haha

quake n00bs.

I live on the east coast and think its rediculous. Watching CNBC you would have thought it was going to be another tsunami/japan type deal. They actually announced that there would NOT be any type of wave formed from the INLAND earthquake. what a bunch of idiots, but hey, it was bad news, of course they need to report it!

·
Registered
392 Posts
My house must be well isolated; I didn't feel a darn thing. Unless I'm just earthquake insensitive, as it's about the third supposed low level earthquake I've been in and I haven't felt any of them.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Funny thing was there were a few tremors the night before...I was watching troll hunter and my subs shake the house pretty well and a very LFE heavy scene had finished yet the couch was still shaking. I actually thought I was going crazy.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio /forum/post/20861414

I live on the east coast and think its rediculous. Watching CNBC you would have thought it was going to be another tsunami/japan type deal. They actually announced that there would NOT be any type of wave formed from the INLAND earthquake. what a bunch of idiots, but hey, it was bad news, of course they need to report it!

Media is the same everywhere. Sensationalize!!!

Here in SoCal, if it is even going to sprinkle, the news stations send out reporters everywhere and beat us over the head with RAIN STORM 2011 updates. They send reporters to the usual places, areas that flood everytime (ditches designed for rain, SURPRISE!) or places that have burned in a brush fire... I mean FIRE STORM 2010.

hell, we even had a TRAFFIC STORM 2011.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFinWiley /forum/post/20868083

Media is the same everywhere. Sensationalize!!!

Here in SoCal, if it is even going to sprinkle, the news stations send out reporters everywhere and beat us over the head with RAIN STORM 2011 updates. They send reporters to the usual places, areas that flood everytime (ditches designed for rain, SURPRISE!) or places that have burned in a brush fire... I mean FIRE STORM 2010.

hell, we even had a TRAFFIC STORM 2011.

Don't forget about Carmageddon

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/carmageddon/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.