AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm glad I found AVS! I'm currently building 3 fusion 12 tempest. Now I'm looking to add a sub or subs. This will be for a dedicated theater room. My room is 9ft wide 9 ft tall and 18.5ft long. I have an emotive umc200 with RCA out and XLR out for the sub. I have a crown XTI 4002 amp. I really like the feed back from the stomehenge builds. Any suggestions on which sub or subs to use and how many? Please ask questions if more info is needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. On AVS, I see the Dayton 18Ho, SI HT 18, and UXL 18 used a lot. Could someone give me some comparison info? Once again, this build will be for home theater use. I see the SI is rated at 600 watts. Could I use 4 with the XTI 4002? What to do!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thanks for the reply. On AVS, I see the Dayton 18Ho, SI HT 18, and UXL 18 used a lot. Could someone give me some comparison info? Once again, this build will be for home theater use. I see the SI is rated at 600 watts. Could I use 4 with the XTI 4002? What to do!
People have been known to throw twice the rated wattage at that driver; 600W is conservatively rated. A pair of HT18's would be a great starting point for that size room and likely give you everything you could ask for.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
the SI and the Dayton HO 18 are roughly the same in real world applications. both can handle 900-1100 watts of power easy. that 600 watts is VERY conservative unless you're throwing non stop dubstep at the things where thermal temps are gonna get sticky.

the UXL 18 is roughly 1.5 x the ability of the SI 18 and the Dayton 18 but for a over double the price per driver. (and can take about 2000 watts of power just fine). depends on your budget, but I don't see why two mini marty's or full marty's at horizontal locations in the room would not give you some serious oooomph. 2 UXL's in the same application would be better, but it depends on how much money you wanna spend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I'm really considering 2 stonehenge kits to go behind the AT screen. Any ideas which way the ports should face. Towards each other or facing the opposite side walls?

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
4 SI-18's would be best.
Not sure if 1 4002 will be enough for 4, it will get louder than 2, but there might be some performance left on the table... which might be a good thing if you have a heavy foot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts