AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an Emotiva umc 200 with a Crown XTI 4002 amp. Looking for 2 subs to go into a dedicated HT. I was looking at the Dayton 18 ho, Dayton um 18, and SI HT 18. Needing help in deciding which ones would perform the best in the 4cft seald flat packs from DIY sound group? Also, which one would preform the best in the Stonehenge flat pack from DIY sound group? Now, would you go seald or ported? Oh, don't know if this would help, but I have the Fusion 12s for the front stage and the Fusion 10 pures for the rears. My room is 9ft tall by 9ft wide by 18.5ft long.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
with the xti amp, you've got something like 900 watts per side at 4 ohms for subwoofer duty(?).

the Stonehenge build is 5.4 cu ft tuned to ~19hz. too small for the um. si18ht probably best value, grab the dual 2 ohm and run 4 ohms per channel. 2 ohms per channel will pull most power, but I haven't seen a measured set of t/s parameters for the dual 4 driver, so who knows what you get.

the 460ho models about the same on the low end as the um18, but give about 3db more spl on the upper end (in model).

usable xmax on it is up around 20mm (based on measured results at data-bass.com), you won't be past that with your amp in the Stonehenge cab.

of all your combinations and with consideration for your amp, I'd suggest the 460ho/Stonehenge combo. two should give right around full reference in your room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts